Digital Art, Decorated Journals & Lunch Sacks

This past weekend, I played in my art room covering some little Moleskin journals,  for gifts.
I also decorated paper lunch sacks to place each of the journals inside. 
The best part was I was able to use supplies and scraps I already had.

Here's another digital collage I created using a couple of my photographs, as well as a bird image.  The background texture
 is from Shadowhouse Creations.

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day


These little journals were fun and easy to make.
I love combining fabric and paper.


I love the idea of decorating lunch sacks to use as gift wrap.
The latest issue of Somerset Life  has an article about this fun project. 




Add a little stitching and some vintage lace or any other embellishment of your choice.
I also took some pressed lavender I had and enclosed it in wax paper and stitched around it. 






So, there you have it, some of my creative fun this past weekend.  
Now, it's back to work and sadly it seems my creativity always gets put on the back burner for the week. 
Oh well, there's always next weekend to look forward to! 

Hope your week is off to a great start! 
Becca 

Comments

Oh you crafty girls...do you think it is a learned or an inheireted gene? Which ever..I don't have it.
Susan said…
These are absolutely beautiful! What a great project! I love the pressed lavender.
Anonymous said…
Very jealous, in fact green with envy over your creative abilities.

Di
Pamela said…
Becca these journals are gorgeous!!!!
Wow! I love them!! You have soo much talent as an artist!!!

Yesss yes I would love to have you as a guest!!
Hope work goes easy for you this week!
Pamela xo
Jillayne said…
Very sweet Becca - the little journals are really cute!
I have that issue but haven't yet had a look at it; a few emails need to be answered and then I will find a comfy spot...
Unknown said…
Your little journals look wonderful.. I just love them.. and I also love what you did on with that photo.. VERY COOL... Looks like you had a fun weekend my sweet friend..

Hugs, Linda
Anonymous said…
Beautiful and very romantic work, I lake it dear Becca!
Kisses.
Unknown said…
I love these! Now you have inspired me....enjoy your week!
Dorthe said…
Hi Becca-
your journals, are so cute, and pretty- I love the ones with lavender.
You have an inspirational blog.
xo-Dorthe
Anonymous said…
So charming! xox Corrine
ELK said…
oh how i relish the kraft browns and light white/ivory together...theses are just so charming..what an artistic spirit you have!!
lilylovekin said…
Your creative work is so peaceful feeling-I love it. I just finished a horrible work day and it was nice to look through your photos and relax.
Judy S. said…
Nice work! Looks liek you had a fun time making these pretty things.
Becca
these are divine! what bundles of sweet goodness and so clever to be made from a lunch sack! :)
andrea creates said…
these are great! i've been doing some collage this week too-but with fabric-inspired by paper collage :)
Lisa Gordon said…
You are just amazing Becca!
Everything here is just beautiful.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!
Anonymous said…
Becca, beautiful!
Hugs, Diane
Justine said…
I say it everytime but you are just so clever! these look so pretty and you have put so much work and detail into them, they are amazing.
Brenda Pruitt said…
Far, FAR beyond lovely! I have my issue that came in the mail last week of Somerset Life. But haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Looking forward to doing so!
Brenda
Becky Shander said…
All of these creations are gorgeous, especially the lavender behind wax paper.
Anna Schüler said…
Dear Becca, thank you so much for your kind comment! I like the your creative works very much!

cheers Anna

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start