Getting Ready For The Holidays!

Hi Friends! 

Wow, time has gotten away from me once again! 

If you are here, reading this, than I want to say 

thank you for not giving up on me! :-) 


I'm here today, to share with you some things I've been 

working on for the holidays. 


I found this FREE PATTERN online to crochet these cute 

little pinecones.

I think they will make a fun addition to my Christmas

gift wrapping, don't you? 





Then, I picked up the magazine you see below that has the pattern 

for making these Christmas ornament cozies. 

I had fun standing out in the rain to get this shot today. 
:-)






…and of course, 

once a girl gets started crocheting covers for stones, she 

never stops.  

I made this yellow one for my friend, Stella.


This is my friend, Stella and her daughter Ginger.

I ask Stella if I could post this photo of the two of them.

I love this shot so much, and thought you guys would too. 

Don't they look cute in their hats? 


(photo credit Finfrock Photography )



If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you might have

already seen this photo below. 

This winter, I decided to do something different, and instead of 

leaving our outdoor high top table and chairs to winter over in 

the rain and cold, I brought it indoors! 

This little corner of our bedroom has a nice view that we can now still 

enjoy while staying warm and cozy from the weather! 

I bought the lamp at Target and I keep a deck of cards there for a game of 

Gin Rummy over a glass of wine, or it's also been a fun spot to read

the morning paper with my coffee while watching the rain! 




Speaking of "watching"

I just had to share this photo of Lucy.

She's always very entertained by the squirrels and birds.




Something else I've done this year is keep some wine bottles for 

colorful decoration in the garden. 

It kind of helps keep the gray days colorful!  

The blue is especially my favorite! 




Although the leaves are gone on my Japanese Maple, I've noticed that now 

it often shimmers and sparkles with raindrops! 



 Oh, and finally, some of you might know my friend, Linda.

She and her husband are traveling all over the USA in their RV and have now

made a stop up here in Washington! 

It's been fun to see them while they are here.  You can see Linda's beautiful photos 

from their journey on the road on her BLOG.


So, I'm thinking I'll be back here again before Thanksgiving, but in case I let 

time slip away from me again I want to wish you all a 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

This year my Birthday lands on Thanksgiving Day, so we're going to 

spend it at one of Washington's beautiful lodges on the lake in the Olympic

National Park & Forest. 



Sending all of you good wishes! 

Becca


Comments

TexWisGirl said…
i like your cute pine cones and your ornaments. :) happy early birthday to you, becca!!! enjoy!
Fun post, Becca! I love all of your creative projects and photos...and the photo of your friend and daughter is so cute! Hope you have a wonderful birthday and getaway...and Happy Thanksgiving, too!
Lisa Gordon said…
My goodness you have been busy, Becca, but then again it is that time of year. Always so many wonderful things to do to prepare for the holidays, but it is always so much fun!

I just love those little pinecones, and the photograph of your friend and her daughter is just precious!

Soooooo glad you got to spend some time with Linda. What a wonderful adventure she is on!
Stella and Ginger are both so pretty. And I love the crochet projects you're working on. I would love to make the Christmas balls with crochet...how pretty! I hope you have a wonderful birthday next week. Your plans sound like fun! Sweet hugs!
Kate said…
So much fun stuff going on!! Love the pinecones, and crochet covered ornaments and stones!! Beautiful!
Kate :}
andrea creates said…
love your pinecones and ornaments!
i've been knitting and crocheting a lot for gifts lately-these would be great, thanks for the links :)

your scenery photos are so pretty-and what a pretty view !
Anonymous said…
OMG those pine cones are most adorable. Love what you are making in your creating and your life. xox
Rosie Grey said…
You know, I'd never give up on you, Becca :-)
I love looking at your wonderful photos, so lovely what you've been up to! And thabt photo of Stella and her daughter is so precious!
And how wonderful that you met with Linda - I follow along her journey, too!
Have a wonderful time, Becca!
GardenOfDaisies said…
Your newest crochet projects are so pretty! I love the little pinecones! And the garden edge with the bottles is so fun. My mom had a blue "bottle tree" in her garden. Your view is absolutely AMAZING!! Good idea to move the table inside for the winter. And as always, your kitty cats are adorable. They always pose so nicely for your pictures. Mine won't hold still.
RURAL said…
Girl, you are so talented, and those pine cones are absolutely darling.

Jen
Heartwideopen said…
I LOVE the pinecones Becca!!! Have you been enjoying the sunshine the last couple of days?? We've been to Birch Bay the last 2 days for our 2.5 yr old granddaughter to enjoy rock and shell searching!! They are going to take part of the beach back home with them to Wyoming!!
Tracy said…

LOVELY crocheted ornament cozies--looks like snowflakes. :o) What a nice addition to your bedroom with the table/chairs/lamp...So nice to have space for such things. Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving to you & your, Becca... Happy Holidays ((HUGS))
Justine said…
these are amazing! love the decorations with the crochet around them.
Catherine said…
So many wonderful photos Becca! You are so creative. I love Lucy's photo - she must be so intent of watching the wildlife outside. So sweet!
Thank you for your kind words on my last post Becca. I think I'm getting there.
xo Catherine
You amaze me with your wizardry of that crochet needle. Wonderful that you can actually make pinecones with yarn.....whoda thunk it. Your view from that cozy corner is great and of course the little cutie watching the squirrels......adorable. Have a Happy Birthday and Thanksgiving!
Unknown said…
I am loving all your crochet pieces. Those Christmas bulbs look great. Thanks so much for the Shout out. Can't wait for you guys to visit out here so we can visit all the cool little shops in Port Townsend.

Hugs~

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start