A Summer of Lavender

Hello friends, how are you? 

I've started thinking about autumn already! 

Most likely it's because fall is my favorite time of year, 

which is why I thought I'd better get in gear and share my summertime lavender 

photos with you before I get caught up in those pretty autumn colors! :-) 





I've been dying to go to the lavender farms since we lived here, and 

we finally made it this summer. 




It was everything I expected it to be and more. 







As soon as you got out of your car,  you could smell the lavender, 

it's amazing! 







This little girl was so cute carrying her freshly picked lavender bouquet 

in one hand and her stuffed kangaroo in the other arm. 

I couldn't resist a shot as she strolled through the fields. 




Bees happily buzzing around




The field workers kept busy picking bunches for those that 

didn't want to pick their own. 




 This house is on the property of the lavender farm. 

I think I could see myself living there, sitting 

on that front porch sipping iced tea and watching the birds. 







This little house is the gift shop, 

where I purchased some lavender buds for sachets I'm making...

(stay tuned. :-) 



and this hat...








So, there's my summer of lavender. 



I hope your summer is going well, and I thank you for 

visiting here and leaving a comment or simply just 

taking a peek at my photos. 


Happy weekend! 

Becca 


Comments

TexWisGirl said…
becca's alive!!! :) nice to 'see' you again!

love this place! i'm sure it was heavenly in person!
andrea creates said…
i love lavender.ours didn't do too well this year unfortunately.

your photos are great!!-i bet that house smells great :)
RURAL said…
It's so beautiful, I can almost smell it from here.

Gorgeous shots.

And it's good to see you again!

Jen
Finally you posted again! :) Oh wow! That lavender farm is absolutely gorgeous. I can imagine the heavenly smell. I imagine those bees must think they are in heaven. Ha! What a beautiful place to be. I know your sachets will be so very pretty. Have a great weekend. Tammy
Val-Belle said…
What a stunning place to visit. Lavender is one of my all time faves... was my grandmothers too.
Kate said…
Wow, that lavender is beautiful! Loved looking through these photos, thanks for sharing!
Kate :}
Caterina Giglio said…
Be still my heart! Oh My, how wonderful, I can smell it now! I always put sachets of lavendar in my pillow at night, it calms me and lulls me to sleep... my favorite scent.. your hat is adorable!! xo
Betty said…
How I envy you. I love lavender and would love to visit a farm like that. I will put it on our to visit list when Hubby retires or maybe earlier.
Georgianna said…
So gorgeous, Becca! Looks like you had a perfect day up there, too. Thank you for sharing and I hope we have another month of summer!!
Oh I wish I could visit! It is all so beautiful!!
Lisa Gordon said…
Oh my goodness, Becca, what a gorgeous place to visit, and your photographs are really wonderful! We are thinking about fall here also. Not necessarily because we want to, but because the leaves are already beginning to change, and quickly! :-(

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Anonymous said…
Wow, did you just want to lay down and take in the fragrance for a while. These places - swoon, and swoon again. xox
CarolHart said…
Oh Becca, these images are fabulous! It's been several years since I attended the lavender fastival. I'm thinking I shall go again next year. You have inspired me! Thanks so much.
Judy S. said…
Great photos, Becca! Is this in Sequim? My lavender is finally showing a few flowers after a heavy pruning....nothing like these fields though.
Lorraine said…
such beautiful photos..can almost smell all the lavender.
http://lorrainescrafts.wix.com/loveofcollage#!blog/c118q is my new web address
Marilyn said…
Your photos are the next best thing to being in the lavender fields. I've seen these fields in magazines like Victoria and dreamed of going to see them.
A summer of lavender? I can just imagine how amazing it must have smelled. I've never been to a big lavender farm like that but I should put it on my wish list. Lovely photos my friend! Sweet hugs Diane
OH my...how lovely...the scent must have been wonderful! I ordered three big bunches of lavender and can hardly wait to receive them! How fun to have a farm nearby to visit!
I wanted our farmers around here to grow lavender. If nothing else, it would bring in tourists. Our environment and weather is not good-- too wet and hot. These are lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start