Repurposing Tea Tins

We've been blessed with such nice weather lately, that

I've been wanting to be outdoors all the time! 

(yes, I crochet outside too. :-)





So, it was the perfect time to get out all those tea tins I've been saving and

do something fun with them! 




I admit, I am a bit of a hoarder "keeper of things" 

Ok, not THAT bad, but you know what I mean.  Right?

I had a hard time throwing out these cute little Tazo Tea tins because 

I wanted to eventually repurpose them, so this is what I did. 




I decided on succulents because I want to keep these indoors.

I wish I had one of those cute little kitchen window sills over the sink to 

keep herbs and such.  I just love that look! 





So, instead, we have this little "coffee bar" area that's fun to 

decorate for the seasons. 




There's a lot of coffee and tea drinking going on over here. 

I mean, it is Seattle after all! :-) 




Come on over, I'll fix you a cup. 




So tell me, are you a keeper of things too? 

Do you usually find ways to repurpose? 


Thanks for dropping by! 

Becca 

Comments

Zue said…
These are brilliant Becca! Did you drill holes in the bases for drainage?
Sue x
Zue said…
These are brilliant Becca! Did you drill holes in the bases for drainage?
Sue x
Kate said…
Too stinkin' cute! I too have a horde, er, collection of tea tins... I may just have to do this too!
Kate :}
These are so cute! So many containers are so pretty now, that I tend to hang on to some of them, too!
jinxxxygirl said…
OMGosh yess i'am a keeper of things... too many things if you ask the man of the house.. It is great fun to figure out some way of repurposing them. I have to say i probably would have painting your tins. But then after seeing them in their home i think they look perfect just the way you did them. Hugs! deb
TexWisGirl said…
really cute, becca!
Snap said…
Too cute! Fun idea. Now I know what to do with all those tins I threw away!!!!! ;) ;)
So cute! I save my Harney's tins..for flowers..but this is so cool!
That is the cutest idea! And I would love to try that brand of tea. (I'll put it in my favs) I repurpose everything! lol I was looking at a pretty box with a fold out lid that my Truvia came in wondering what to do with it today! Hugs!!!
CarolHart said…
You are so clever! These look great and I love your coffee area.
Unknown said…
I just LOVE what you did with the tins, Becca. Truly unique and simply beautiful.

Wishing you a great week, and a very Happy Easter.
Unknown said…
Your creative coffee/tea spot is fantastic.
I am sage green with envy ;)
Gillian Olson said…
Yup, I'll admit it I am a bit of a pack rat. I am always happy when I can reuse something. Love what you did with the tea tins.
Unknown said…
Lovely tins! Just a word from the unwise: be sure to punch a few holes in the bottom of your tin. My poor jade plant nearly drowned before I realized it :(
Unknown said…
Lovely tins! Just a word from the unwise: be sure to punch a few holes in the bottom of your tin. My poor jade plant nearly drowned before I realized it :(
Great way to reuse them. Yes, I am definitely a keeper which drives my husband crazy and sometimes I get overwhelmed, but I just can't bring myself to throw something out if it can be used in any way, shape or form. Problem is, it all piles up before I can actually do something with it. Oh well! Best wishes, Tammy
Jillayne said…
Yes, I'm a keeper of things too... sometimes what I keep them for isn't what I end up actually doing with them though. I do love this idea of yours Becca - it's very inspired!
Jillayne said…
Yes, I'm a keeper of things too... sometimes what I keep them for isn't what I end up actually doing with them though. I do love this idea of yours Becca - it's very inspired!
blog zombie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolor on Tea Bags

The Art of A Rain Chain

A Fresh Start